Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
August Membership Meeting
Thursday, August 16, 2012 from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM
Join the FAMP-Jacksonville Chapter on Thursday, August 16th from 11:30am to 1pm at Jacksonville Golf and Country Club for our August Membership Meeting featuring FAMP Government Affairs Chair and Legislative Liaison, Valerie Saunders, for an important Federal Legislative Update.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has a mission...provide clarity to the consumer. This summer we have seen this through the release of several new proposed rules which are currently open for comment. This informative meeting will provide detail regarding:
- The new complaint database created by the CFPB which will soon include mortgage-related complaints
- The effects of the recent Wells Fargo/Department of Justice settlement and how the effects of potential disparate impact will have far-reaching consequences for the mortgage brokerage community
- The new High-Cost Mortgage proposed rule which is currently open for comment
- The new RESPA/TILA Mortgage disclosure and finance charge changes proposed rule and how these changes could cause more loans to fall out of QM
- The changes to Loan Originator Compensation recently posed by the CFPB to the Small Business Review Panel including imposing a flat fee on all transactions regardless of loan amount, affiliated business flat fee impositions which could even affect realtors and imposing new standards on registered loan originators in an attempt to "level" the playing field amongst originators
Don't miss this opportunity to learn how these legislative changes will affect you today and in the future!
Cost for this meeting is only $25 for members and $40 for Non-members. Seating is limited so, register today!
When & Where
Jacksonville Chapter of the Florida Association of Mortgage Professionals
The Jacksonville chapter of the Florida Association of Mortgage Professionals strives to advance the mortgage profession through advocacy, education and ethical practice. For more information regarding our organization or on membership, please visit www.myfamp.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.